RESPITE FLEXIBLE FUNDING
For Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Available in Central East Region only
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR 2014 IS NOW CLOSED.
ABOUT THESE FUNDS…
This funding is from the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to serve as an enhancement for families to access respite services in their community. Kerry’s Place Autism Services is hosting this project in cooperation with other community agencies to oversee the application review process and the management of funds. Together with our community partners each application is carefully reviewed by an allocation committee. Decisions are made based on the criteria listed below and a strict funding budget. These funds can only serve a small portion of families each year with a limited amount of funding being allocated to each family approved. Families can only apply for these funds once a year and there is no guarantee of the availability of these funds in future years.
The purpose of the Children's Respite Flexible Fund is to help caregivers get the flexible and individualized support their family needs in order for them to take intervals of time off from their care-giving duties.
It is understood that family members/guardians first have to feel safe, confident and comfortable in order to take that time off. They do so when they know their family member is happy and safe and doing something that makes them feel valuable and has meaning to them.
Individuals with a diagnosis of Pervasive Developmental Disorder, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, Rett's Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder and Pervasive Development Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE…
• Children must have an official diagnosis of ASD (Families must provide a copy with the
application or by mail)
Children must be 17 years of age or younger
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE…
• A Diagnosis
• Families must indicate all other funding that they receive
• Families must be asking for respite
• Applications must have all sections completed
• All consent boxes must be checked
THESE FUNDS WILL COVER…
• Respite Worker/Mediator
• Respite Worker/Mediator at a camp/group
• Camp Fees
• Social Groups/Recreational Groups/Classes/Lessons
THESE FUNDS WILL NOT COVER…
• Any type of THERAPY (no speech and language therapy, ABA, IBI, and OT, physiotherapy,
• Mileage (for workers or family)Transportation costs
• Activity costs (movie tickets, park entrance, memberships, parking, snacks/rewards, equipment costs)
• Home care/cleaning costs/ basic care needs
• Educational fees
• Assistive Devices/computer software/equipment
Before submitting the application, PLEASE READ:
• We have a limited amount of funding per year to serve many families. Not all families that apply will receive
funds this year.
• Decisions will not be made until after the application deadline has passed.
• This is an enhancement to your respite plan. These funds will not cover all of your yearly respite costs.
• This is a reimbursement funding process. You will be reimbursed your costs once you have submitted valid
receipt of payment.
• If any portion of the application is missing, it will not be processed.
1. Fill out and submit the application form online.
2. Application is processed and submitted to an Allocation Committee for review.
3. You will be able to log on at any point in time to view the status of your application.
4. A decision will be made available as of April 30, 2014
5. An approval package will be mailed out to those applicants who are approved with further information.
6. All applicants (approved or not) are encouraged to apply again for the 2015-2016 funding year when the
application becomes available January 2015.
• There is a limited amount of funding each year to support the number of families who apply.
• All the funds are allocated at the beginning of the funding year and there is no reserve for appeals.
• If you feel that your application was not assessed fairly please feel free to contact us and we will review it.If
all of the information on the application was correct, and you have not been allocated funding, we can connect
you to an Autism Consultant from Kerry’s Place Autism Services who can assist with helping you find
alternate funding, other supports and possible crisis funds to enhance your respite plan.
• If an error was made on the part of Kerry’s Place Autism Services we will do our best to allocate funds to the
APPLICATIONS IN CONSIDERATION FOR FUNDING IN 2014 WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE DECISION BY APRIL 30, 2014. Reff submission deadline has passed. If you start an application, you will be able to submit it but it WILL NOT be reviewed for this fiscal year. Once you have submitted your application we will use your application for statistical purposes, and your contact information for future correspondence.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR 2014 IS NOW CLOSED.
By Clicking "Yes" below, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above information and would like to complete an online application.