"The world needs all kind of minds."
Home :: Supports & Services
|Supports & Services|
FOR GROUPS AND CAMPS IN CENTRAL EAST
Autism is a life-long disability from which there is no known cure. There is much that we can do, however, to ensure that people with autism expand their horizons of independence and achievement. Provided with the necessary supports and the development of communication and life skills and integration into the community, we have learned that people with autism have talents, skills and a desire to contribute that can be utilized in the workplace, school and in the community.
Kerry’s Place Autism Services provides Community Outreach services, psychological and family support services to people with an ASD and accommodation supports.
Depending upon the Ministry mandate for the region, the community outreach program may serve both children and adults or only children and adolescents until the age of 18 years.
- Consultation support to individuals, families and the community
- Family consultation
- Family support groups
- Sibling workshops
- IBI (Intensive Behavioural Intervention)
- Adult Residential Services
- Children’s Residential Services
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Treatment Centre Intervention
- Individual program supports
- Social groups for children and adults
- Respite Relief
- Parent education and training
- Professional training and mentoring
- Book, toy and therapeutic tool lending libraries
- Family resource centres
- And more
What is Respite Relief?
Respite Relief care is a family support services that provides temporary relief from the physical and emotional demands involved in caring for a family member with an ASD diagnosis. Respite creates greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities while allowing caregivers time for themselves.
How do I get Respite Relief?
Hire a Respite worker/mediator
Have your child attend camp/social group/recreational groups
Talk to your consultant about a Respite Plan/options