POSITION POSTING # 1741
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Part Time
- HOURS OF WORK: Irregular hours per week (Days, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays; flexibility required; as per the Collective Agreement)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $15.57 – $19.45 per hour (Autism Support Assistant) | $14.76 – $18.47 per hour (Overnight Awake) | $11.60 per hour (Overnight Sleep)
- UNION AFFILIATION: SEIU Local 1
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 12, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, the Autism Support Assistant is responsible to ensure that the day to day support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) meet the expectations of those persons to enhance his/her quality of life. The support provided must also align with the values of Kerry’s Place Autism Services and meet the goals and expectations of the agency. The Autism Support Assistant, with his/her team, provides services aimed at maximizing health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD. Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package which includes but is not limited to: 5% in lieu of group benefits; the ability to participate in our employer matched Registered Retirement Pension Plan; 4 % vacation pay, 10 unpaid vacation days and 10 unpaid emergency leave days. We also provide developmental and training opportunities from the onset such as NVCI, ASD, CPR/First Aid etc. Our Part-Time staff can choose to work numerous shifts weekly while still enjoying the flexibility of work life balance.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principles of Kerry’s Place with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures.
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life. Participate to ensure
- Personal Outcomes for persons are met as defined by each participant.
- Consistently follow, where appropriate, Behavioural and Crisis Protocols as documented. Document and report incidents and serious occurrences immediately.
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication, vocation and leisure activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, natural supports, volunteers, professionals, community members and others.
- Administer medication according to Kerry’s Place Policy and Procedures.
- This position supports adults.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with ASD).
- The successful applicant must be bilingual in French (speak and write)
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to
providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.