POSITION POSTING # 1806
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Orangeville
- POSITION STATUS: Full Time (2 Vacancies)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays; Flexibility Required as per Collective Agreement)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $18.16 – $22.68 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: CUPE Local 5284
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 14, 2018
As a bona fide occupational requirement, the successful candidate must be female.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, the Autism Support Associate is responsible to take the lead to ensure that the day to day support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) meet the expectations of those persons to enhance his/her quality of life. The support provided must also align with the values of Kerry’s Place Autism Services and meet the goals and expectations of the agency. The Autism Support Associate, as the liaison, leads the team to provide service aimed at maximizing health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principles of Kerry’s Place with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures.
- Act as the primary liaison with family, medical, educational, leisure and recreational contacts.
- Provide leadership and coaching to other employees to continuously improve the quality of service and the work environment.
- Provide appropriate supports to ensure the health and safety of the persons supported and ensure compliance to Policies and Procedures associated with Health and Safety and Abuse Prevention.
- Ensure that, where appropriate, Behavioural and Crisis Protocols are documented and consistently practiced. Identify when the support of appropriate professionals are required and enlist these supports. Document and report incidents and serious occurrences immediately.
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication, vocation and leisure activities
- Administer medication according to Kerry’s Place Policy and Procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with ASD) or Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and five years of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with ASD).
- Solid understanding of ASD and the unique support requirements of persons with this diagnosis.
- Solid communication skills both oral and written.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance. Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.