AS OF February 15, 2018
The Children’s Respite Flexible Funding application is for families living in York Region, Simcoe County, Durham Region, Haliburton, Kawartha and Pine Ridge (HKPR).
The Children’s Respite Flexible Funding is from the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to serve as an enhancement for families to access respite services in their community. Kerry’s Place Autism Services is hosting this project in cooperation with other community agencies to oversee the application review process and the management of funds. Together with our community partners each application is carefully reviewed by an allocation committee. Families can only apply for these funds once a year (between January and mid February) and there is no guarantee of the availability of these funds in future years.
The purpose of the Children’s Respite Flexible Fund is to help caregivers get the flexible and individualized support their family needs in order for them to take intervals of time off from their care-giving duties.
- Children that are up to the age of 18 years (after their 18th birthday they no longer qualify)
- Children must have an official diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (proof of diagnosis is required)
- Children must live in York Region, Simcoe County, Durham Region and Haliburton, Kawartha & Pine Ridge (HKPR)
The funds will cover
- Respite worker / mediator
- Respite worker / mediator at a camp or group
- Camp fees
- Social groups, recreational groups
- Specialized classes, lessons (guitar, swimming, karate, etc)
The funds will NOT cover
- Any type of therapy ( speech and language, ABA, IBI, music therapy, etc)
- Transportation costs, mileage, parking fees
- Activity costs (admission fees, costumes, snacks, etc)
- Home care and cleaning costs
- Education fees, assistive devices, computer software, equipment
Important Information about the Children’s Respite Flexible Funding:
- There is a limited amount of funding per year to serve many families. Not all families that apply will receive funds this year.
- This is an enhancement to your respite plan. These funds will not cover all of your yearly respite costs.
- This is a reimbursement funding process. Your costs will be reimbursed once you have submitted valid receipt of payment (program or service must be completed).
- If any portion of the application is missing, it will not be processed.
- Decisions will not be made until after the application deadline has passed.
- The application covers a 1 year period; families are encouraged to apply yearly.
The Application Process
- Complete an application online and submit.
- Applications are reviewed by an Allocation Committee
- Decisions are made available as of April 30, 2017
- All applicants receive an email notice stating their status
- Applicants also receive a written letter by mail
- Approved applicants receive an approval package with further information.
For more information on the Children’s Respite Flexible Funding contact: Sue Townsend 905-713-6808 ext 360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.