- This event has passed.
Home Safety – Social Skills Group
April 17, 2018 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place is excited to partner with SophiaSafety to offer the Home Alone Safety for Kids program. Safety and accident prevention are the common theme throughout the program, as participants learn valuable life skills to help them make safer choices when on their own. All participants will receive the Home Alone Safety For Kids manual and wallet-sized certificate of completion. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Every Tuesday from April 17th – June 19th, 2018
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Elliott House Resource Centre, 4 Elliott Street, Brampton, ON
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.
To pre-register for the Home Safety group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org