- This event has passed.
Intro to Conversations – Social Skills Group
April 16, 2018 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The focus of this group is to promote the learning and use of social skills. Lessons and activities will provide children the opportunity to develop conversational skills such as: expressing wants and needs, engaging in conversations, and the different social roles of people encountered through daily social interactions. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Every Monday from April 16th — June 18th, 2018 (No Group May 21st, 2018)
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $180
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Service, West Drive Resource Centre, 71 West Drive, Unit 28, Brampton, ON
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.
To pre-register for the Intro to Conversations group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org