- This event has passed.
My Safe Life Social Skills Group – Peel
January 24 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place is excited to partner with SophiaSafety to offer the “My Safe Life” – Personal Safety program. The focus of this program is to teach children life skills that empower them to make safe, caring and respectful decisions in their everyday lives, both online and offline. Topics include: people safety, online safety, travel safety, fire safety, injury prevention, emergencies vs non-emergencies.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm every Wednesday from January 24th, 2018 – March 28th, 2018
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Service, Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Friday, January 12th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.