Online Safety and Video Gaming Social Skills Group – Peel & Halton
January 24 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Social media and online gaming are fun ways to connect with others, but it is important for everyone to understand the risks and know how to handle certain situations. Each week participants will learn online safety topics related to video gaming, social media, and using the internet. Opportunities for participants to play video games will be incorporated into each lesson.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm every Wednesday from January 24, 2018 – March 28, 2018
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Service, Millcreek Drive Resource Centre, 6535 Millcreek Drive, Unit 65, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Friday, January 12th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.