- This event has passed.
Online Safety and Video Gaming – Social Skills Group
April 19 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Social media and online gaming are fun ways to connect with others, but it is important for everyone to understand the risks and know how to handle certain situations. Each week participants will learn online safety topics related to video gaming, social media, and using the internet. Opportunities for participants to play video games will be incorporated into each lesson. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Every Thursday from April 19th– June 21st, 2018
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.
To pre-register for the Online Safety and Video Gaming group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org