PEERS® Social Skills Group – Brampton
January 11, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PEERS® (Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills) is geared towards motivated high functioning teens who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends, and develop strategies for handling peer rejection/conflict.
During each PEERS® session, there will be a facilitator-led parent group session that will run simultaneously to the teen group. Parents will be taught how to assist their teens in making and keeping friends by providing feedback through coaching during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Teen and Parent attendance is required at each session.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm every Thursday from January 11, 2018 – April 26, 2018
- Age: Grades 9—12
- Region: Halton & Peel Region
- Cost: $320
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services West Drive Resource Centre, 71 West Drive, Unit 28, Brampton, ON
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Registration: Registration for this event is monitored by Autism Ontario.