POSITION POSTING # 1888 (Repost)
- SERVICE AREA: Administration- Canada Summer Jobs
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time Student (9 week contract; two weeks written notice prior to contact end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 32 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $14.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, June 1st, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Assistant provides
administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
- Through actions, support the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services (Kerry’s Place).
- Work with the Human Resources team to create a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of Kerry’s Place, people supported and members of the public.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of meetings, training sessions, information sessions and events.
- Establish and maintain files, records and databases in a professional and organized fashion.
- Review and screen all incoming employee documentation and action efficiently and appropriately.
- Record, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, data presentations, letters and notices.
- Perform routine administrative duties including: word processing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Be generally familiar with Legislation and Regulations related to HR and assist employees to locate relevant documents.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality standards in all activities.
- Provide HR metrics reports and assist in the development of enhancements and utilization of existing features of the HRMS.
- Responsible for creating, communicating, tracking, ensuring consistency and posting of any job openings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Community College Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration or Human Resources program.
- Working knowledge of: Employment Standards Act, PIPEDA and OHSA.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office, Email, and the Internet.
- Strong time management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 60 words per minute.
- Minute-taking/proof-reading/formatting skills as required to provide accurate and timely output and to meet professional standards.
- Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures and experience in using general office equipment.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to be flexible and motivated in dealing with fluctuating and unpredictable workload.
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2018 requirements, the student must:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.