POSITION POSTING # 1866
- SERVICE AREA: Administration- Human Resources
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $22.43 – $28.03 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, April 19, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the coordinator will provide support to the Human Resources Department by administrating matters relating to training and development, recruitment and selection, occupational health and safety, policies and procedures and employee benefits for a variety of target groups to improve the overall effectiveness of the agency.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through actions, support the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Work with the Human Resources team to create a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of Kerry’s Place, people supported and members of the public.
- Support the Training and Development programs, including the learning management system.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all benefit programs and communicate this to employees upon request.
- Recommend continuous improvements to the benefits programs and process to better serve employees.
- Support Managers in the recruitment and selection process including, but not limited to, the timely posting of positions.
- Ongoing maintenance of policy and procedures and the HRMS system.
- Processing of all employment and employee changes on ADP.
- Creating and running reports for use within the department and for Regional Administrative Assistants.
- Coordinate the activities and provide support for the Joint Health and Safety Committee and other health and safety initiatives.
- Assist in research assignments in various areas of Human Resources.
- Provide back-up for other Human Resource functions.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- Be familiar with legislation and regulations related to Human Resources and assist employees to locate relevant documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- CHRP designation or equivalent is preferred.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and Human Resources experience complimented by training and/or education in Human Resources.
- Five years experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as: Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Self motivated and self directed.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.