POSITION POSTING # 1870
- SERVICE AREA: Administration – Human Resources
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $24.10 – $30.13 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, April 26, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources for functional/professional purposes and to the Regional Executive Director for tasking and administrative purposes, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for matters relating to employee performance management and development, recruitment and selection, occupational health and safety, and policies and procedures for a variety of groups to improve the overall effectiveness of the agency. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for ensuring that all legislated requirements related to the above responsibilities are met.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Work with the Human Resources team to create a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of Kerry’s Place, people supported and members of the public.
- Ensures that the quality of life principles are effectively applied through all areas of responsibility.
- Provide support to the HR Manager to continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management and Development, Pension and Benefits, Occupational Health and Safety programs and practices.
- Ensures accuracy and completion and timely follow-up of documentation required through legislation and policy and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- Develops and maintains positive mentoring and advisory relationship with Kerry’s Place Managers.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with partner agencies, legal advisors, government employees and community contacts.
- Supports the implementation of organizational change.
- Provides follow-up to ensure that action plans are implemented.
- Maintains complete employee documentation and records.
- Provides back-up for other Human Resource functions.
- Proactively assists employees requiring disability and Early and Safe Return to Work Program.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- CHRP designation, equivalent, or in progress.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources.
- Three to Five years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a Generalist role.
- Union experience (Grievances and CA interpretation/administration) considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations.
- Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer.
- Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2, reliable vehicle and the willingness and ability to travel within Kerry’s Place regions.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family-focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.