POSITION POSTING #1805
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Peel
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (Contract to October 26, 2018; Two Weeks Written Notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $19.28 – $24.09 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 15, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager of Community Supports for operational matters and to the Director of Clinical Services through the Senior Behaviour Therapist and Consulting Psychologist for clinical matters, the Instructor Therapist position requirements include the following:
- Works with children, one-on-one and in group settings, to implement the plan developed by the Senior Therapist and Consulting Psychologist.
- Daily collection, recording, and analysis of data.
- Monitors Individual’s progress and communicates with the Senior Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, and/or Manager of Community Supports on matters relating to the development/implementation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP), as well as, any matters relating to family that may affect the Individual.
- Updates parents daily through verbal and written communication on Individual’s progress and supports parents in their understanding of IBI/ABA techniques.
- Prepares daily teaching materials.
- Supports integration of Individuals in educational, community and family programs and activities.
- Accesses supervision appropriately, attends and participates in team meetings and implements feedback.
- Promotes a friendly, clean and safe environment for families and children.
- This position supports children and youth under the age of 18 years old.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education in Human/Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Training/education in applied behaviour analysis and / or child development.
- Successful completion of Provincial IBI Training or successful completion of the Kerry’s Place Behaviour Therapist Qualifying Test is required.
- Broad professional knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders obtained by special training and/or extensive experience in working in various capacities with this population is preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience working in a human/social services capacity.
- Experience working with families with children with special needs is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with individuals with ASD and their families.
- Proven practical experience in collecting, graphing and analyzing data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work independently are essential.
- Proficient in computer skills particularly the Boardmaker software program.
- Strong ability to demonstrate support and sensitivity to the needs of individuals and families.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to support families in a manner that is respectful, empathetic, and encouraging.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.