Kerry’s Place Autism Services is proud to offer our ASD Certificate Course to parents, individuals who professionally support those with ASD, or anyone interested in learning about the fundamentals of the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and strategies to employ to build upon one’s successes, skills and confidence.
OUR ASD CERTIFICATE COURSE HAS BEEN OFFERED TO KERRY’S PLACE STAFF SINCE 2011, BUT NOW DUE TO DEMAND, WE ARE OFFERING THE COURSE TO THE PUBLIC.
Through 30 hours of comprehensive instruction, presented through 12 modules over 6 full days, participants will receive instruction delivered by a qualified instructor, engage in group and individual activities to explore scenarios and case studies consistent with various profiles of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and complete a series assignments to strengthen one’s ability to apply what has been learned.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, 20 PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify possible strengths, needs, learning styles, and profiles of persons with ASD who they support within a biopsychosocial framework, advocating on their behalf with dignity and respect
- Describe sensory issues and their implication on learning and communication, understanding and managing challenging behaviour, skill-building techniques, communication styles, and the importance of data collection to better understanding behavioural function
- Employ the use of professional, respectful and inclusive terminology related to ASD
Participants who attend all sessions and successfully complete all corresponding assignments will receive an official Kerry’s Place Autism Services ASD Training Course Certificate of Completion.
- An Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning Styles & Teaching Strategies Part I
- Learning Styles & Teaching Strategies Part II
- Sensory Differences
- Stress, Anxiety & Emotional Regulation
- Expressive Communication
- Receptive Communication
- Social Skills and Social Interaction
- Emotions, Social / Sexual Education and Relationships
- Understanding Behaviour and Mental Health Issues
- Behaviour Support Plans, Treatment Planning and Interventions
REGISTER ONLINE NOW! SPACES ARE LIMITED!
- Dates:April 24, 2018; May 8, 2018; May 22, 2018; June 5, 2018; June 19, 2018; June 26, 2018
- Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Location: Kerrys Place Toronto Office, 222 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
- Cost: $525.00
DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND WE HAVE NOW CONFIRMED A COURSE OFFERING FOR DURHAM REGION…
- Dates: March 26, April 16, April 30, May 14, May 28 and June 11
- Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Location: Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 209 Cochrane Street, Whitby, ON
- Cost: $525.00