POSITION POSTING # 1817
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Whitby
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Guaranteed Hours (Contract to September 4, 2018; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 27 to 29.5 hours per week (Weekends, Holidays; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $14.00 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: Unionized Environment
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 20, 2018
PLEASE SEE AVAILABLE SCHEDULES AT END OF POSTING.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, the Overnight Asleep will provide support to ensure the safety, comfort, well-being and security of each supported person during the overnight hours. Consistent with Kerry’s Place Autism Services Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures and with regulations/ directives issued by the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), it is a requirement of this position to respond to all requests for assistance, be they from a supported person, or as a result of an emergency situation, with minimal delay and/or trauma to the supported person.
- Be completely familiar with the location and operation of all safety equipment, emergency exits and written emergency procedures.
- Be completely familiar with fire drill procedures and be prepared to respond in a case of emergency. Be prepared to carry out an overnight fire drill as required by MCSS.
- Be acquainted with each person’s support binders, and in particular, with an person’s daily progress notes. Adapt personal service activities to person’s changes.
- As requested, ensure the safety and well-being of persons through periodic checks throughout the respective shift.
- As required, administer medication and complete necessary documentation as specified by applicable policies and procedures.
- Supervise the settling-in of persons and complete nightly checklist.
- Should the individual arise throughout the night, respond and attend to any resulting problems in the manner specified in the person’s personal behaviour guidelines. Record all unexpected incidents in the communication book. Ensure day shift is properly appraised of such incidents.
- As required, awaken individuals and assist with their self-care and dressing and (where applicable) preparation to depart for daily activities. Ensure appropriate materials accompany the person.
- If required, ensure individuals receive a well-balanced breakfast (as outlined by their menu). Assist with the preparation of such meals.
- Each morning, ensure that all bedding is stored away and that the residence has been tidied up.
- Ensure that the person’s personal belongings/valuables are stored in a secure area.
- This position supports adults.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 in good standing and a reliable vehicle.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
Position 1: (Coch. Basement)
Overnight Asleep -Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (27 to 29.5 hours a week)
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.