POSITION POSTING # 1904
- SERVICE AREA: Administration- Regional Executive Director
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Oshawa/ Tweed
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $85,169.37 – $106,451.11 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, June 8, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Regional Executive Director is responsible for the: strategy and performance, leadership and supervision, resource management, quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
The Regional Executive Director is responsible for the operations for approximately twenty five group homes, apartments and resource centres in the eastern region extending from east Toronto to Belleville.In addition, the regions operate programs for children with autism and their families which include behavioral therapies, skills building and education. With a budget of $17 M. and approximately 358 staff, the person interacts closely the Ministry of Community Services, the Ministry of Children and Youth, as well as numerous other organizations that provide support in the developmental disabilities sector.
The person reports directly to the President and CEO and is a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to manager responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strategy and Performance
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and management team to continuously advance the strategic direction of Kerry’s Place to becoming a recognized centre of excellence in supporting persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
- Create a strategic learning environment across area(s) of responsibility which fosters and supports continuous improvement in the Quality of Life of the persons supported.
- Keep current to all related legislative requirements and regulations. Participate, as requested as a member of Provincial and Regional Working Groups and Committees to develop implement and maintain new legislation, regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of persons supported and employees through compliance to Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws, adherence to the recommendations of the Fire Marshal and compliance to Health and Safety procedures.
- Develop, implement and lead organizational change.
Leadership and Supervision
- Provide strategic human resources management to ensure that the practices relating to the recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision and performance management meet the managerial and employee needs now and for the future.
- Ensure that leadership and communications within areas of responsibility contributes to a positive team-oriented, trusting environment for all involved parties (managers, persons supported, family and support circle members, employees, professionals, and government representatives), work together for the best interests of persons supported.
- Continuously provide mentoring, coaching, training and development of managers and employees, both within Kerry’s Place, and for external agencies cooperating in the support of persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Administration of the Collective Agreement where applicable.
- Identify resource needs relative to Regional needs and strategic plans, negotiate funding to meet these needs with Ministry of Community and Social Services and community partners, and develop budgets accordingly.
- Analyze and report on variances for each operational budget under your purview with support from the Finance Department.
- Maintain each operation within budget (includes authorization of expenditures).
- Develop appropriate funding proposals.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of residential or community sites as assigned.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary resources to provide evidence-based supports and services.
- Ensure person-directed planning is effectively implemented and persons’ goals are being achieved.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Collaborate with community resources, including funded services and informal supports available.
- Participate in both internal and external committees and task forces.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of persons supported in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree is required.
- Master’s in Business, Psychology or related degree is preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in human services as a senior leader or executive including the planning and management of human resources, financial, and operational resources.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Extensive working knowledge of legislation (e.g., The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, etc.) and regulations having to do with supporting persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families at all ages, as well as how this and other legislation and regulations are applied in cooperation with other sectors, agencies and jurisdictions.
- People management including mentoring, coaching, training and development.
- Competency and effective use of database systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- French language is an asset.
- Generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment in people by translating the vision, mission and values into terms that are relevant to the work being performed, through:
- Building and leveraging collaborative networks.
- Creative problem solving and decision making.
- Developing and leading others.
- Leading change.
- Organizational awareness and political activity.
- Organizational sensitivity.
- Planning, coordination and execution.
- Strategic thinking.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.