POSITION POSTING # 1797
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Guelph
- POSITION STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $53,318.30 – $66,616.37 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 14, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services and Supports, the Manager, as part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services Management team is responsible for the management, planning, organization and direction of their staff team and all other resources under their purview. The Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective provision of supports and services for Individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder supported through Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through your staff team, provide supports and services to continuously improve the Quality of Life of the individuals supported.
- Through your staff team, ensure Person Centred Planning is effectively implemented and individual’s goals are being realized.
- Provide leadership and responsibility for the health and safety of all employees.
- Develop and maintain an operational budget for each operation under your direct purview.
- Provide appropriate staffing to meet the needs of individuals through effective recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision and performance management of employees directly reporting
- Ensure work is scheduled efficiently and fairly and approve payroll in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate documentation to fulfill legislative and policy and procedural requirements.
- Keep current to all related legislative requirements such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Developmental Services Act, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Develop, implement and lead organizational change.
- Continuously provide mentoring, coaching, training and development of employees.
- Work to build community capacity and awareness through workshops, education, advocacy and partnering.
- In co-ordination with the Regional Executive Director, develop appropriate funding proposals.
- Participation in both internal and external committees and task forces.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- This position supports adults.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Social Services Degree from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent).
- Five years of experience as a Social Services Manager or five years of hands-on support in the social services field with the specified educational requirements.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and current treatment models and approaches.
- Given the unique nature of the site, the selected candidate will be required to successfully complete the Registered Behavioral Technician Certification within their first six (6) months in the role. The initial cost of certification will be covered by Kerry’s Place.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Developmental Services Act, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; interpersonal and team building skills; strong administrative skills including: operational planning, financial budgeting, organization, human resource management and time management.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as: Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet; demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership and supervisory skills and self motivated and self directed.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- French language skills would be considered an asset
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to in internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.