POSITION POSTING # 2327
- SERVICE AREA: Human Resources
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Newmarket
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $18.64 – $23.28 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 1, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager of HR Operations and Total Rewards, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
- Through actions, support the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services (Kerry’s Place).
- Work with the Human Resources team to create a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of Kerry’s Place, people supported and members of the public.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of meetings, training sessions, information sessions and events.
- Establish and maintain files, records and databases in a professional and organized fashion.
- Review and screen all incoming employee documentation and action efficiently and appropriately utilizing our Human Resources Information System (HRIS) – ADP.
- Record, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, data presentations, letters and notices.
- Perform routine administrative duties including: word processing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Responsible for auditing all new hire paperwork and completing data entry
- Be generally familiar with Legislation and Regulations related to HR and assist employees to locate relevant policies, procedures and resources.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality standards in all activities.
- Provide HR metrics reports and assist in the development of enhancements and utilization of existing features of the HRMS.
- Responsible for creating, communicating, tracking, ensuring consistency and posting of any job openings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Community College Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and related experience complemented by training.
Knowledge & Experience:
- One to two years of progressive office administrative experience, preferably in a Human Resources setting.
- Working knowledge of: Employment Standards Act, PIPEDA and OHSA.
- Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office, Email, and the Internet.
- Strong time management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 60 words per minute.
- Minute-taking/proof-reading/formatting skills as required to provide accurate and timely output and to meet professional standards.
- Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures and experience in using general office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to be flexible and motivated in dealing with fluctuating and unpredictable workload.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.