POSITION POSTING #2326
- SERVICE AREA: Community – Learning and Development
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place All Regions – Central/Toronto/East
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (Contract until 1 year from start date; two weeks notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings and Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.99 – $27.47 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 5, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available”
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Training Supports, the Autism Consultant, Community Learning and Development is responsible for developing learning opportunities for our communities.
- Support the Community Services Practices to support Kerry’s Place Mission Statement, Vision and Values Statements.
- Commitment to continuously improve the Quality of Life of Individuals – Dignity and Respect are essential.
- Support provided by the Autism Consultant, Community Learning and Development includes learning and development creation and delivery.
- The Autism Consultant, Community Learning and Development will work collaboratively with various agencies, and community groups, and internal committees to ensure consistent and evidence-based learning and development delivery.
- Aware of and apply sanctioned practice in accordance with Kerry’s Place Health and Safety Policy.
- Responsibility for support and guidance to Autism Support Associates and team members.
- Responsibility for documentation and maintaining of individuals files in a professional, thorough, and manner consistent with the record keeping of the department.
- Responsibility for confidentiality.
- Liaison with families and community groups and partner agencies in a professional fashion.
- Community Capacity Building through formal and informal means such as development and provision of workshops for families and community agencies, educating, modeling, and supporting others to gain the understanding of individuals with ASD and successful support approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Human / Social Services.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder/developmental disabilities in a community based setting as well as;
- Minimum of 2 years experience facilitating training and development initiatives.
- Sound understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis would be an asset (techniques, including assessment of behaviour, development of behaviour, reduction or skill-building interventions, and training mediators on behaviour analytic approaches).
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and public speaking abilities.
- Prior experience developing and delivering training or educational sessions to small or large audiences.
- Experience working closely with families and with community agencies.
- Experience working with both children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Strong knowledge of and experience supporting individuals with ASD in community settings.
- Good knowledge of respective communities and formal and informal resources.
- Basic understanding of Child and Family Services Act and The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act and responsibilities through these.
- Knowledge and practical experience with support approaches often found to be helpful in support to children and adults with ASD (i.e. social stories/sensory needs/communication aids/applied behaviour analysis/environmental modifications).
- Understanding of basic family dynamics including grief processes, sibling issues and importance of family and support for long-term family capacity.
- Solid understanding of ABA principles, associated teaching methods, and experience in utilizing these principles in supporting individuals with ASD across the autism spectrum.
- Experience with and comfort in working with families from diverse backgrounds.
- Public Speaking and Audience Engagement.
- Basic computer skills such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of software appropriate to delivery of job description.
- Ability to set up support approaches, modify environments for the benefits of the child or adult with ASD.
- Ability to develop and implement support approaches, model these approaches to support to family and the child/adult with ASD.
- Solid decision making skills and confidence in providing guidance and support to others. French language skills will be considered an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2, a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Depending on where the locations of the organizations are, travel to areas outside your region will be required.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.