POSITION POSTING # 1654
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services – Ready, Willing and Able
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (Contract ends at March 31, 2022; Two weeks written notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Weekend, and Evenings, Flexibility is required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $22.14 – $27.68 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, May 10th, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative support team, the Coordinator is responsible for the: leadership, resource management, quality outcomes for the persons we support, and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with the Management team and Human Resources, provide appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the persons we support through effective recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Assist the Management team to chair meetings, ensure minutes are distributed and employees are updated. Ensure follow up actions are implemented as directed by the Management team.
- Bring together key stakeholders in the community to generate shared understanding of each organization’s work and foster coordinated pathways to employment for individuals with ASD.
- Maintain operations within budget as directed by the Management team, includes authorization of expenditures as per Finance policy.
- Assist the management team with payroll functions and Service Agreements.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Direct outreach to persons with ASD who are looking for employment and/or employment supports, as well as families, associations, groups, agencies and educational institutions who may support persons with ASD who are looking for employment or employment supports.
- Intake and assessment with individuals with ASD in order to determine their strengths, support needs and employment goals.
- Direct referral of the individual to internal and/or external services, supports and existing employment opportunities.
- Ongoing systems/service navigation and coordination as needed with the ultimate aim of assisting the individual in obtaining competitive employment.
- Collaborate with Labour Market Facilitators (LMFs) to assist in expanding recruitment efforts and hiring of people with ASD.
- Develop and execute specific outreach strategies to connect to persons with ASD within the geographical scope of the designated region.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Ensure accurate collection of data relating to the project and individual outcomes is recorded, analyzed and reported within the framework and timelines of the initiative.
- Attend community planning tables/external committees.
- Share positive outcomes with Communications department for newsletters and social media channels.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Support the Management team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- University degree or college diploma.
Knowledge and Experience
- Three years of experience in human services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and barriers faced by persons with ASD in accessing the labour market
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector, and knowledge of local employment-related services and supports for persons with ASD.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Competency and effective use of database and Microsoft Office systems
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, etc.
- Knowledge of scheduling of employees is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide on-call coverage (which may include evenings, weekends and holidays).
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
This position is open to Internal applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.