POSITION POSTING # 2330
- SERVICE AREA: Supported Living
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Orangeville
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary, Full-Time (1-year contract from start date; two weeks’ written notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 Hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays; Flexibility required as per Collective Agreement)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $19.59 – $23.74 per hour (Autism Support Assistant); $21.71 – $22.70 per hour (Overnight Awake); $18.45 per hour (Overnight Asleep)
- UNION AFFILIATION: CUPE Local 5284
- VACANCIES: Multiple
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 7, 2023
Please note the base wages listed above include an additional $3/hr wage enhancement for providing direct care to persons we support.
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide services that maximize the health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide coaching and support in the areas of social skills, communication and leisure activities.
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life, ensuring Personal Outcomes are met for each individual
- Administer medication as per procedure
- Follow Behavioral and Crisis Protocols as documented
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, supports and community members
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or a Personal Support Worker certificate from a Community College or from a registered and Ministry approved Private Career College; OR
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and 1 year of related experience (preferably supporting people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; (training will be provided at no cost).
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.