POSITION POSTING # 2264
- SERVICE AREA: Supported Living
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Mount Albert
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Weekends, Holidays, Evenings; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $22.18 – $26.96 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 5, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
In this role, you will take the lead to ensure that the support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) meet the expectations of those persons to enhance his/her quality of life. Responsibilities may include:
- Act as the primary liaison with family, medical, educational, leisure and recreational contacts
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication and leisure activities
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life, ensuring Personal Outcomes are met for each individual
- Administer medication as per procedure
- Follow Behavioural and Crisis Protocols as documented
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, supports and community members
- Provide leadership and coaching to other employees to continuously improve the quality of service and the work environment.
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or a Personal Support Worker certificate from a Community College or from a registered and Ministry approved Private Career College and 1 year of experience of related experience (preferably supporting people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder); OR
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and 5 years of related experience (preferably supporting people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Solid understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and the unique support requirements of people with this diagnosis.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youths and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; (training will be provided at no cost)
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.