POSITION POSTING # 2149
- SERVICE AREA: Community – Respite
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time (Contract to April 2023; two weeks written notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: Irregular hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $24.99 – $30.47 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 19, 2022
Please note the base wages listed above include an additional $3/hr wage enhancement for providing direct care to persons we support.
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We’re proud to offer our employees:
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Receive Pay in Lieu of Benefits (up to a max of 5% of additional gross earnings is added to each pay)
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager of Services and Supports, the Autism Support Facilitator is responsible for providing direct support to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families and communities, ensuring that the day-to-day support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder meet the expectations of those supported persons to enhance their quality of life. The support provided must also align with the values of Kerry’s Place Autism Services and meet the goals and expectations of the organization. The Autism Support Facilitator, with his/her team, provide services aimed at maximizing health and safety and personal fulfillment of people diagnosed with ASD.
- Support Community Services practices to support Kerry’s Place’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Commitment to continuously improving the Quality of Life of Individuals – Dignity and Respect are essential.
- The Autism Support Facilitator will work collaboratively with various agencies and community groups as well as working supportively with the community services team.
- Direct support to individuals with ASD including 1:1 teaching sessions, groups, workshops, and the implementation of daily living skills in various environments (ie. home, school, community, resource centre).
- Individuals of all age groups are supported.
- Responsibility for documentation and maintaining of individuals files in a professional, thorough, and manner consistent with the record keeping of the department.
- Responsibility for confidentiality.
- Liaise with families and community groups and partner agencies in a professional fashion.
- Community Capacity Building through formal and informal means such as development and provision of workshops for families and community agencies, educating, modeling and supporting others to gain the understandings of individuals with ASD and successful support approaches.
- This position supports children and youth under 18 years old.
- Post-secondary education in Human / Social Services.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder /developmental disabilities in a community based setting as well as;
- Experience working closely with families and with community agencies.
- Experience working with both children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Strong knowledge of and experience supporting individuals with ASD in community settings.
- Good understanding of normal human growth and development as well as societal support to individuals with disabilities.
- Good knowledge of respective communities and formal and informal resources.
- Strong understanding of the principles of supporting individuals within the family unit and within their community is required.
- Basic understanding of Child and Family Services Act and The Services and Supports to
- Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act and responsibilities through these.
- Knowledge and practical experience with support approaches often found to be helpful in support to children and adults with ASD (ie. social stories / sensory needs / communication aids / applied behaviour analysis / environmental modifications).
- Understanding of basic family dynamics including grief processes, sibling issues, and importance of family and support for long term family capacity.
- Solid understanding of ABA principles, associated teaching methods, and experience in utilizing these principles in supporting individuals with ASD across the autism spectrum.
- Experience with and comfort in working with families from diverse backgrounds.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.