POSITION POSTING # 1079
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Belwood
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $19.47 – $24.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 17, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services clinical team, the Behaviour Technician is responsible for the: quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services& Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulatio
- Other duties as assigne
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This may be one-on-one or in group setting
- Daily data collection and tracking, including graphing and summarizing information and preparing reports.
- Participate in intervention planning including conducting skill based assessments, curriculum assessments and/or questionnaires.
- Monitor progress and communicate with the Behaviour Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor regarding development, implementation and status of interventions/skill acquisition and/or behaviour plans and goals.
- Update parents and team regularly through verbal and written communication on progress and supports parents in their understanding of Autism intervention technique
- Prepare daily teaching material
- Support integration in educational, community and family programs and activitie
- Assist the Behaviour Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor in developing and implementing training of mediators, individually or in a group setting on principles and procedures of applied behaviour analy
- Access supervision appropriately, attends and participates in team meetings and implements feedback.
- Adhere to standards specified by the Ontario Association of Behaviour Analyst
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-law
- Support the clinical team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being serve
- University degree or college diploma.
- Training/education in applied behaviour analysis and / or child development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six months of experience in human service Experience working with families with children with special needs is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sect
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approache
- Working knowledge of human development, community supports continuum for families, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their familie
- Competency and effective use of Boardmaker, database and Microsoft Office syste
- RBT/BCaBA credentials are considered assets.
- French language is an asset.
- Fully empowers others, through:
- Advocating for othe
- Creative problem solv
- Fostering independence in others.
- Interpersonal relations and respect.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical technique Training will be provided.
- Ability to be physically able to work with a child at their level (i.e., squatting or kneeling down) and use hands for many tasks such as sign language to communicate with some children, positioning of flash cards or other communication items, and recording data in writing and/or on computer.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holiday
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof third party liability insurance coverage.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.