POSITION POSTING #2310
- SERVICE AREA: Community – Ontario Autism Program (OAP)
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – York/Simcoe
- Number of Vacancies: 3 Vacancies
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $20.37 – $25.44 per hour
- UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 1, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place! Are you pursuing your BACB certification? We have qualified supervisors – talk to us about how we may be able to support your BCBA and BCABA goals.
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We’re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Are you pursuing your BACB certification? We have qualified supervisors – talk to us about how we may be able to support your BCBA and BCABA goals.
About the role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services clinical team, the Behaviour Technician is responsible for the: quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Provide direct treatment through evidence-based treatment and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This may be one-on-one or in group settings.
- Daily data collection, tracking, and analysis, including graphing and summarizing information and preparing reports.
- Participate in intervention planning including conducting skill based assessments, curriculum assessments and functional behaviour assessments.
- Monitor progress and communicate with the Behaviour Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor regarding development, implementation and status of interventions/skill acquisition and/or behaviour plans and goals.
- Update Substitute Decision Maker and team regularly through verbal and written communication or progress and supports families and teams in their understanding of Autism intervention techniques.
- Prepare daily teaching materials.
- Support integration in educational, community and family programs and activities.
- Assist the Behaviour Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor in developing and implementing training of mediators, individually or in a group setting on principles and procedures of applied behaviour analysis.
- Access supervision appropriately, attends and participates in team meetings and implements feedback. Adhere to standards specified by the Ontario Association of Behaviour Analysis.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Support the clinical team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- University degree or college diploma in a Human Services Field
- Coursework in Behaviour Science or Applied Behaviour Analysis
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 months of experience working directly with persons with autism. Experience directly implementing ABA based interventions is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Working knowledge of human development, community supports continuum for families, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Competency and effective use of Boardmaker, database and Microsoft Office systems.
- RBT/BCABA credentials are considered assets.
- French language is an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Ability to be physically able to work with an individual at their level (i.e: for children that may mean squatting or kneeling down) and use hands for many tasks such as sign language to communicate with some individuals, positioning of flash cards or other communication items, and recording data in writing and/or on computer.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof third party liability insurance coverage.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.