POSITION POSTING # 1872
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Durham
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $24.79 – $30.98 per hour
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We’re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Program
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Are you pursuing your BACB certification? We have qualified supervisors – talk to us about how we may be able to support your BCBA and BCaBA goals.
About the Role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services clinical team, the Behaviour Therapist is responsible for the: quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, interdisciplinary professionals (including but not limited to school boards and justice system), volunteers, government employees, direct support employees and the community.
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Support integration in educational, community and family programs and activities.
- Use Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) principles to design and conduct function based intervention procedures. Continuously research and adopt clinical “best practices and evidence based interventions”.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary consents for the assessments, analysis and treatment plans, as well as following appropriate storage and retention methods to maintain privacy and security of documents.
- Develop and oversee implementation of individual behaviour plans and protocols, including objectives, data collection, monitoring and data analysis.
- Provide direct support to persons with ASD including 1:1 teaching sessions, and/or small groups, provision of coaching, education and training opportunities for families and direct support employees.
- Provide training for Behaviour Technicians, community partners, direct support employees and families.
- Record curriculum assessment results, prepare data summaries, reports and be able to conduct integrity checks on data collection.
- May be asked to provide supervision hours for Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT®) candidates if Behaviour Therapist has met educational and certification requirements of BACB.
- Evaluation and assessment of risk along with development of plans to mitigate risk due to maladaptive behaviour of the supported person.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing monitoring for all behaviour programming including behaviour support plans, relevant protocols as per Kerry’s Place policy/procedure and mandatory Ministry guidelines for the Ontario Autism Program (OAP), Quality Assurance Measures (QAM) and Child, Youth and Family Services Act.
- Initiate/participate in research to evaluate the effectiveness of new developments including how these may be applied to the person supported.
- Work as a fully participating member of a bio-psycho-social team.
- Participates in team meetings, appointments, psychiatric clinics and attends Person Directed Plans (PDPs) upon request.
- This position supports adults.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Support the clinical team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- University degree or college diploma, specializing in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- An RBT®, BCaBA® or enrollment in equivalent coursework/study leading to a BACB certification is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of experience working as a professional within a clinical multidisciplinary team with applied behaviour analysis and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with persons with developmental disabilities/ASD and their families.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Proven practical experience in conducting behaviour assessments, developing behaviour interventions and analyzing data.
- Competency and effective use of database and Microsoft Office systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with persons with a dual diagnosis considered an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources and systems (primary, secondary and tertiary care models) considered an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Strong ability to demonstrate support and sensitivity to the needs of persons and families dealing with crisis.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position required flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof of third party liability insurance coverage.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.