POSITION POSTING # 2054 (Repost)
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Tweed/Belleville
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time with Benefits (Contract to November 30 2019; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $23.71 – $29.62 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 17, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Behavior Therapist provides services to clients of Kerry’s Place through; client/environmental assessment; development and evaluation of the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions; and positive skill enhancement strategies based on the best practices models; and, provision of ongoing clinical training, supervision and support to staff.
- Has a full knowledge of the Vision, Mission, Values, Goals and Strategic Objectives of the organization along with their implications and continually these important centre pieces of the organization in his/her work and relationships with others.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuously improving the Quality of Life of persons supported so that they may live with dignity and respect.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of persons supported by his/her department.
- Continuously researches and adopts clinical “best practices” for his or her department, or support the research of others as appropriate.
- Does what is necessary to safeguard the Health and Safety of employees.
- Ensures that all clinical documentation and files are stored and handled securely and appropriately.
- Ensures that all necessary oaths or confidentiality are obtained, as are other clinical documents such as “release or information forms”, and that all information handled by the department is handled sensitively and appropriately.
- Ensures that all legislation and regulations applying to the job, are handled appropriately.
- Maintains effective and positive relationships with persons supported, family members, and external agencies.
- Provides clinical assessment of person’s needs and, along with members of interdisciplinary team, person supported and families to participate in development of treatment goals.
- Develops behaviour treatment plan and goals with reliable tracking processes.
- Provides effective organizational and management support.
- Provides staff development and training in behaviour interventions.
- Evaluates staff competency to implement intervention.
- Conducts staff training and education on a regular basis.
- Initiates/participates in research to evaluate the effectiveness of new developments including how these may be applied to the persons supported of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Conducts behaviour and environmental assessments.
- Develops data collection as well as analysis of data collected.
- Develops/reviews behaviour protocols and positive behavioural interventions utilizing the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis both internally and on an external, fee-for-service basis if required.
- Conduct assessments and develop crisis prevention/intervention protocols.
- Provides support to the treatment/crisis centre as needed.
- Participates in team meetings and appointments as required.
- Participates in transition and/or intake meetings as required.
- Attends Person Directed Planning (PDP) and/or Individualized Support Plan (ISP)(meetings upon request).
- Acts as a liaison with other professionals (Psychiatrists, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, etc) to best meet the needs of the person supported.
- Develops and presents training modules for internal use and external (fee-for-service) purposes.
- Keeps abreast of current best practices in ABA through continuing education.
- University degree or college diploma, specializing in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- An RBT, BCaBA or enrollment in equivalent coursework/study leading to a BACB certification is considered an asset.
- First Aid and CPR
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and the ability to perform physical techniques
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of experience working as a professional within a clinical multidisciplinary team with applied behaviour analysis and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with persons with developmental disabilities/ ASD and their families.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Proven practical experience in conducting behavior assessments, developing behavior interventions and analyzing data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent ability to use time management skills to meet demands of fluctuating, demanding workload.
- Strong ability to demonstrate support and sensitivity to the needs of persons supported and families dealing with crisis.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to provide leadership and support to the team Ability to identify, measure and report on service delivery outcomes.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 standing, and a reliable vehicle are required
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.