POSITION POSTING # 2091
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Central West
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evening, Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $23.71 – $29.62 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 21, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Behavior Therapist provides services to persons supported by Kerry’s Place through; client/environmental assessment; development and evaluation of the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions; and positive skill enhancement strategies based on the best practices models; and, provision of ongoing clinical training, supervision and support to staff.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
Why Work at Kerry’s Place:
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full-time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to:
- Paid vacation
- Paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time;
- Employer paid group Health and Dental benefits
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Flexibility in work schedule
- BCBA supervision
- Research opportunities
- Work life balance
- Maintains effective and positive relationships with supported persons, family members, and external agencies.
- Provides clinical assessment of individual’s needs and, along with members of interdisciplinary team.
- Develops behavioural treatment plan and goals with reliable tracking processes.
- Train and mentor staff competency to carry out intervention.
- Initiates/participates in research to evaluate the effectiveness of new developments including how these may be applied to the supported persons of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Conducts behavioural and/or environmental assessments.
- Develops data collection and data analysis procedures.
- Works with staff, individuals and families in developing interventions that are in compliance with Quality Assurance Measures.
- Provides/assists with staff development and training in behaviour interventions.
- Develops/reviews behavioural protocols and positive behavioural interventions utilizing the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis both internally and on an external, fee-for-service basis if required.
- Participates in team meetings and appointments as required.
- Attends Person Centered Planning (P.C.P.) meetings upon request.
- Acts as a liaison with other professionals (Psychiatrists, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, etc) to best meet the needs of the individual.
- Develops and presents training modules for internal use and external (fee-for-service) purposes.
- Develop transition plans for new intakes.
- This position supports children/youth under 18 years old.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- The successful incumbent must currently hold a Full-Time Permanent Autism Consultant position, working 37.5 hours a week.
- The successful applicant will possess a diploma or university degree with a specialty in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a professional within a clinical multidisciplinary team applying applied behavioral analysis and related assessment and therapeutic skill building techniques (including communications) with persons with ASD and their families. Other qualified applicants will be considered on the basis of their experience in the field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent ability to use time management skills to meet demands of fluctuating, demanding workload.
- Strong ability to demonstrate support and sensitivity to the needs of supported persons and families dealing with crisis.
- First Aid, CPR, CPI, and experience working in the Mental Health field, especially with adults who have Developmental Disabilities with a Dual Diagnosis are considered assets for the position.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- French language skills are considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This position is open to internal applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.