POSITION POSTING # 1076
- SERVICE AREA: Administration Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.70 – $27.13 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 15, 2019
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative support team, the Business Support Analyst is responsible for resource management and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- · Assemble, consolidate and analyze financial data to structure reports and other information (budgets, income statement forecasts, account reconciliations).
- · Track and analyze financial results by developing financial models, conducting benchmarking studies and process analysis. Identify trends and recommend actions.
- · Track and analyze payroll expenses; identify trends and recommend actions.
- · Provide creative alternatives and recommendation to reduce costs and improve financial analysis.
- · Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- · Assist the Director of Finance in preparing board and other reports that properly disclose key operating issues, including variances to plans and forecasts. Assist with the development and communication of appropriate responses to these issues. Assist in the execution of business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition and new service launches).
- · Complete asset management activities and related reporting.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Regularly deliver professional communications to internal and external contacts.
- Support the Management team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- Provide creative solutions for continual process improvements and ensure that procedures are documented.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to activities, models and reports to provide insights into Kerry’s Place operations, opportunities and challenges.
- University degree or college diploma in accounting or finance.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years of experience in finance, preferably in an analyst role.
- Enrollment in Chartered Professional Accountant certification program is preferred.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, non-profit accounting, including fund and grant accounting and Ministry compliance and reporting.
- Knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the social services industry.
- Knowledge of business office operations as it pertains to third party billing and reimbursement activities in a managed care environment.
- Knowledge of accounting and standard business practices as well as ensuring that all relevant legislation is effectively applied.
- Advanced competency using spreadsheets, database systems, and financial software.
- French language is an asset.
- Fully empowers others, through:
- Advocating for others.
- Creative problem solving.
- Fostering independence in others.
- Interpersonal relations and respect.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.