By participating in the Camp Connection, children and youth will have the opportunity to develop skills related to: social interaction, maintaining friendships, and learning about others through fun activities that strengthen turn taking and sharing skills as well as their imagination. These activities may include: virtual field trips, art challenges, mad science experiments, group games, movement breaks, and much more. Participants will have opportunities to build new and lasting relationships through this virtual platform and hopefully beyond! Most importantly, our goal is to have FUN!
- Ages 6-17
- Minimum 3 participants, maximum 6 participants per group
- Our camps are free of charge
We are looking to create new opportunities for parents and our facilitators to interact with participants in a structured way. Our online programs will encourage movement, engaging activities and peer interactions.
Some examples of online field trips may include: Wonders of the World (Mount Everest, Grand Canyon, Great Wall of China, Egyptian Pyramids), Space (Mars and the Moon), Sites (aquariums, zoos, farms, Disney) .
Some examples of guest facilitators may include: Zumba, animal shows, karate, music class, art class and more.
The camps will be facilitated by our Kerry’s Place Community Services team and will be held between the hours of 9:30am- 3:30 pm in one-hour intervals Monday through Friday beginning July 6th 2020. These camps will take place on Zoom, an online platform. Families will be able to express their interest beginning June 10th 2020.
- Registering on My Community Hub does not guarantee a spot in the camps.
- Once formal registration is complete, participants will receive an e-mail one week prior to the start of camp with the ‘Zoom’ link as well as a list of supplies that are needed for the week.
- The activities will be delivered in 1 hour blocks during our camps- participation is not required for all 1 hour blocks; however, you will need to register for the entire week.
- Families will need to be available/and or in the vicinity for their children during the camps.
- Computer and internet access is required.
For more information, please call:
- York/Simcoe: 905-713-6808 ext. 350
- Dufferin/Wellington/Waterloo: 519-763-5812 ext. 61
- Durham Region: 905-579-2720 ext. 21
- Peel/Halton 905-457-1130
- Toronto: 416-537-2000 ext. 232
PLEASE NOTE: When registering for the whole week, you are invited to participate in whichever activities best suit your child’s interests.