POSITION POSTING # 2193
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Tweed
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Part-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 30 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $23.75 to $29.67 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 27, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Receive Pay in Lieu of Benefits (up to a max of 5% of additional gross earnings is added to each pay)
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
- Remote Work Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Clinical Services Coordinator provides support to the psychiatric clinic and clinical team.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Kerry’s Place Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other policies available on the Kerry’s Place intranet.
- Adheres to Employee Responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), including immediate reporting of workplace injuries and/or hazards to a member of Kerry’s Place management, and use of any personal protective equipment provided.
- Participates in ongoing Training and Development and ensures all mandatory training requirements are met and maintained.
- Manages the administration of Fee for Service requests (i.e. triages requests for clinical services, provides quotes, ensures invoicing is completed, etc.).
- Monitors the status of behaviour support plans and protocols.
- Coordinates third party review process of behaviour support plans and protocols with relevant professionals.
- Supports the Clinical Director in the planning, review and processing of intake information for new admissions, transitions, psychiatric, and psychological consultations.
- Conducts file reviews, prepares psychosocial profiles as necessary for new intakes and/or clinical consultation cases, as needed and identifies red flags, questions irregularities, presents to the Clinical Director.
- Coordinates materials/tools and scheduling for requested psychological assessments.
- Monitors resource utilization, supplies and expenses.
Support to Psychiatric Clinic
- Prepares new blood work requisitions and provides results to psychiatrist for review.
- Ensures consult notes are signed and sent to family doctors as required.
- Reviews and edits initial and follow-up packages as needed (includes accuracy of medications listed against MAR (Medication Administration Record) sheet, roll-up and consultation note.
- Regularly liaises with managers regarding the follow-up recommendations made at psychiatric clinics.
- Alerts Managers/Behaviour Therapists of missing information.
- Supervises the coordination of psychiatric clinics.
Support to Clinical Team
- Effectively triages requests for service, in consultation with the Clinical Manager.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards in all activities, and ensures that all information is handled sensitively and appropriately within clinical services.
- Maintains effective and positive relationships with individuals, family members, MCSS/MCYS representatives, and external agencies.
- Schedules and coordinates department meetings and professional development initiatives for the clinical team.
- Prepares initial summaries and trend reports for: completion of quarterly and monthly reports by Clinical Management for the Board of Directors and to accommodate other requests for clinical reports by Ministry, regional management or others as needed.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring of the clinical documentation to ensure adherence to QAM guidelines including the coordination and execution of the Third Party Reviews.
- Ensures all clinical documentation is uploaded onto the Kerry’s Place electronic database.
- Provides training/orientation of departmental operations and job duties for the administrative staff.
- Provides orientation of department, and orientation visits for new Kerry’s Place Managers about the clinical department as needed.
- Able to work with Quality Outcomes team to extrapolate data for quality assurance and monitoring purposes.
Support for Inter-Departmental Projects
- Assists in the development and implementation of internal systems, processes and procedures of the department to enhance responsiveness to internal and external requests for service.
- Participates in ongoing meetings regarding current projects and the development of new research projects for the clinical department.
- Attends meetings and/or represents the department on behalf of either Clinical or Regional Management upon request.
- Participates in inter-departmental committees for Kerry’s Place database and other committees as needed.
- Manages the development and implementation of internal systems, processes and procedures of the department to enhance responsiveness to internal and external requests for service.
Ministry Projects, Surveys and Other Agency-Wide Initiatives
- Coordinates information for surveys and other Ministry project requests from regions and/or the Kerry’s Place database with support from the Clinical Administrative Assistant.
- Assumes lead role for coordination and communication with Ministry and with regional management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in Psychology or related social services discipline from an approved university training program.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and current treatment models and approaches.
- Four years of experience in providing administrative support to professionals in the social services field.
- Proficiency in using advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access), Internet Explorer and database structures.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality standards of Kerry’s Place.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent command of English language with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Skilled in simultaneously managing diverse projects in different geographical areas.
- Ability to maintain composure and be responsive under difficult conditions.
- Ability to be flexible and motivated in dealing with fluctuating and unpredictable workloads.
- French language skills and knowledge of basic research methodology are considered an asset.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.