POSITION POSTING # 1945 (repost)
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Aurora/ Peel Region
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.38 – $26.73 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 28, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager/Director, the Coordinator is responsible for the organization and co-ordination of resources to ensure efficient and effective provision of supports and services for individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder supported through Kerry’s Place.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- A role model who applies consistent practices to reinforce the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ensure that the quality of life principles are effectively applied for every individual supported.
- Ensure Person Centered Planning is effectively implemented and individual’s goals are being realized for individuals supported.
- Provide support through current treatment models and approaches for individuals diagnosed with ASD including Emergency Crisis Intervention.
- Through your actions, demonstrate leadership in the area of health and safety of all employees
- Maintain operations within budget (includes authorization of expenditures up to $1,000).
- Provide assistance to the Manager/Director in: recruitment, selection, and orientation of employees. Note – final hiring decisions are to be approved by the Manager/Director.
- Provide assistance to the Manager/Director in the area of employee performance management up to and including written warnings. Provide feedback to the manager for Annual Performance Development Plans.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of documentation required through legislation and policy and procedures such as: Individual’s files, Statistics, Person Centered Plans, etc.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with: employees, families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Support the implementation of organizational change.
- Provide assistance to the Manager/Director in coaching, training and development of employees including the coordination and documentation of training e.g. CPI, First Aid and Personal Outcomes.
- Assist the Manager/Director to schedule and chair team meetings, ensure minutes are generated and employees are updated.
- Follow up to ensure that action plans are implemented.
- To represent Kerry’s Place Autism Services at various Community Committees.
- To support Community initiatives such as consultation, foundations, day support, respite and passports.
- Develop daily schedules, vacation schedules, and training schedules.
- Ensure quality control within Initiatives: e. consistent forms, intake/access process, statistics, PCPs, etc. and ensure that the process and documentation surrounding the initiatives remain consistent with Kerry’s Place Autism Services Policies and Procedures.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- This position supports children and youth.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a social services degree from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and management experience complimented by management training.
- Five years of hands-on experience as an Autism Consultant, Autism Associate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and current treatment models and approaches.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as: Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Self motivated and self directed.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.