POSITION POSTING # 2181
- SERVICE AREA: Finance
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office Region – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 30, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller is a key member of the Corporate Finance Management Team. The Controller is responsible for the overall financial administration of the organization through actions supporting the Mission, Vision, Values and policies and procedures of Kerry’s Place. The Controller has responsibility for the ongoing effectiveness of financial functions and their related outcomes. Financial functions include financial statement reporting, ministry reporting , budgeting and cash flow management, , insurance, taxes, investments, , funder, lender & donor compliance and implementation and maintenance of the financial internal controls. The Controller will ensure adherence to all accounting and standard business practices and that all relevant regulatory & legislative requirements rules are effectively applied.
- Assist the CFO in assessing organizational performance against the annual budget and company’s
- long-term strategy including identifying opportunities and challenges in performance and making appropriate recommendations.
- Provide critical financial and operational information to support strategy and operations, including actionable recommendations.
- Engage the CFO around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Assist with long-term budgetary planning and cost management ensuring alignment with business units (BU) strategic plan.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution that have financial or other responsibility related implications.
- Analyze and communicate financial results and related recommendations and action plans. Support the analysis with appropriate reports.
- Assist in the development and execution of business initiatives including opening new operations, asset acquisitions and new service launches.
- Assist with development and maintenance of capital budget.
- Participate in calls with lenders.
Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Planning, Policy, and Relations (Funder, Lender and Donor)
- Support the organization in the development of short, medium and long term business plans and forecasts.
- Coordinate the development, monitoring and maintenance of budgets, forecasts and other business plans.
- Participates in Finance policy development
- Remain up to date on GAAP, IFRS, nonprofit laws, regulations and audit best practices.
Accounting and Administration
- Supervise the production and payment of a timely and accurate payroll, ensuring appropriate controls, allocations and reporting is in place
- Supervise finance staff, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of key business information including budgets and cash flow reports, ministry reporting and financial statements. This includes the preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements and ministry reporting.
- Ensure the appropriate infrastructure is in place and operating effectively, including supporting systems, policies and procedures and internal controls. This includes overseeing general ledger and ACCPAC maintenance and other accounting tools.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting for funders, foundations, and the board of directors.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of statutory obligations.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance r of all financial functions.
- Oversee the execution of all external audits, including working closely with the external auditors in the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Mentor and develop finance staff, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- A CPA designation or in final exam period
- A degree in accounting and/or business would be a preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least five years experience as Controller, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $20 million or 10+ years of progressively responsible finance experience culminating into a management position for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Experience working with enterprise level financial and accounting software.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with senior management staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership ability, team work, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, problem solving and organization skills.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, MCSS/MCYS compliance, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations.
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the social services industry. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of operational planning, financial and cost analysis, trends in the social services sector.
- A business office operation as it pertains to third party billing and reimbursement activities in a managed care environment.
- Mid to Advanced spreadsheet knowledge.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision while achieving deadlines and performance levels established with the CFO.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.