POSITION POSTING # 2189
- SERVICE AREA: Residential and Administrative Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Brampton & Orangeville
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (Contract to July 4, 2020; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.38 – $26.73 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, April 25, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative support team, the Coordinator is responsible for the: leadership, resource management, quality outcomes for the persons we support, and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position supports adults over 18 years old.
- In collaboration with the Management team and Human Resources, provide appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the persons we support through effective recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Schedule employees hours according to employment contracts, the Employment Standards Act and applicable Collective Agreements.
- Provide assistance to the Management team in training and development of employees including the coordination and documentation of internal and external training e.g. NVCI, First Aid, and Personal Outcomes.
- Assist the Management team to chair meetings, ensure minutes are distributed and employees are updated. Ensure the follow up actions are implemented as directed by the Management team.
- Assist the Management team with the development and execution of repairs and maintenance plans for sites.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and service contracts for all residential or community sites as assigned.
- Maintain operations within budget as directed by the Management team, includes authorization of expenditures as per Finance policy.
- Assist the management team with payroll functions and Service Agreements.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of residential and community site as assigned.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Collect and analyze information regarding services and supports.
- Attend community planning tables/external committees.
- Share positive outcomes with Communications department for newsletters and social media channels.
- Support the scheduling of services and supports for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder, families and the community.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Support the Management team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- University degree or college diploma.
Knowledge and Experience
- Three years of experience in human services.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Competency and effective use of database and Microsoft Office systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, etc.
- Knowledge of scheduling of employees is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Works to build team commitment and spirit, through:
- Advocating for others.
- Creative problem solving and decision making.
- Fostering independence in others.
- Interpersonal Relations and Respect.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide on-call coverage (which may include evenings, weekends and holidays).
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof third party liability insurance coverage.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.