POSITION POSTING #1651
- SERVICE AREA: Administration
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Brampton
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (contract until July 12,2021)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $17.47 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, May 9th, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and the Community Supports Manager, the Administrative Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs will provide general administrative support to the regional team.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all
- Receive incoming telephone calls and/or visitors providing relevant information on behalf of the intended recipient directing them to appropriate
- Monitor, report, and assist with the general condition of the local office
- Assist in maintaining the health and safety standards set by the
- Order, maintain and distribute general office
- Establish and maintain files, records and databases in a professional and organized fashion paying particular attention to confidentiality. This includes but is not limited to scanning, database entry, data integrity, standard reporting and some information
- Perform routine administrative duties including word processing, troubleshooting, photocopying, faxing, mailing and
- Assist in the co-ordination and scheduling of: events, information sessions, meetings and training
- Assist with Human Resources administrative
- This position supports adults and residential services
- Proficient in using advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access) and database structures.
- Thorough knowledge of current office procedures.
- Experience in using general office equipment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2020 requirements, the candidate must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.