POSITION POSTING # 1650
- SERVICE AREA: Residential
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – York/Simcoe
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week (Days, Weekends, Holidays, Evenings, flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $17.80 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, May 17th, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, the Autism Support Associate is responsible to ensure that the day to day support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) meet the expectations of those individuals to enhance his/her quality of life. The support provided must also align with the values of Kerry’s Place Autism Services and meet the goals and expectations of the agency. The Autism Support Associate, with his/her team, provides services aimed at maximizing health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD.
- Act as the primary liaison with family, medical, educational, leisure and recreational contacts
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication and leisure activities
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life, ensuring Personal Outcomes are met for each individual
- Administer medication as per procedure
- Follow Behavioural and Crisis Protocols as documented
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, supports and community members
- This position requires supporting adults
- Provide leadership and coaching to other employees to continuously improve the quality of service and the work environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Human Service Diploma from a recognized Community College or University of completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferable supporting persons diagnosed with ASD).
- Solid understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and the unique support requirements of people with this diagnosis.
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youths and adults with Autism Spectrum disorder.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2.
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2021 requirements, the student must:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.