POSITION POSTING #1672 (REPOST)
- SERVICE AREA: Residential – Treatment center
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Belwood
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part Time (Contract up to October 8th, 2021, or 2 week notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 17.5 hours per week ( Days, Weekends, and Evenings; Flexibility is required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $18.89 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, June 20th , 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place! Are you pursuing your BACB certification?
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services clinical team, the Behaviour Technician is responsible for the: quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principles of Kerry’s Place with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures.
- Provide direct treatment through evidence-based treatment and approaches for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder alongside a Behaviour Therapist & direct support staff.
- Daily data collection, tracking, and analysis, including graphing and summarizing information and preparing reports.
- Participate in intervention planning including conducting skill based assessments, curriculum assessments and functional behaviour assessments.
- Monitor progress and communicate with the Behaviour Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor regarding development, implementation and status of interventions/skill acquisition and/or behaviour plans and goals.
- Participate in mediator training alongside a behaviour therapist with the support and supervision of a clinical supervisor
- Prepare daily teaching materials.
- This position supports adults
- University degree, post graduate certificate or college diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis , Autism and Behaviour Science and/or Behavioural Science Technology.
- Six months of experience implementing ABA based programming or treatment (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with ASD).
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2021 requirements, the candidate must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- External applicants – Click here to apply
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.