POSITION POSTING # 2030
- SERVICE AREA: Human Resources – Canada Summer Jobs
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (contract duration is 8 weeks; 2 weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $17.47 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, June 27, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Learning Opportunities Available
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will provide support to the Human Resources department in the following:
- Through actions, support the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services (Kerry’s Place).
- Work with the Human Resources team to create a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of Kerry’s Place, people supported and members of the public.
- Provide administrative and recruitment support to the HR team
- Special Human Resources related projects as assigned
- Establish and maintain files, records and databases in a professional and organized fashion.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality standards in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Community College Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration or Human Resources OR Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and related experience complemented by training.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to be flexible and motivated in dealing with fluctuating and unpredictable workload
- Strong time management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office, Email, and the Internet.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2022 requirements, the candidate must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.