POSITION POSTING # 2078
- SERVICE AREA: Information Technology
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Aurora Region – Head Office
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (Contract duration 8 Weeks; 2 weeks written notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $20.76 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, June 16, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Learning Opportunities Available
- Flexible Schedule
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
As part of the administrative support team, the IT Support Technician is responsible for resource management and quality assurance measures throughout the three geographic regions served by Kerry’s Place Autism Services. The focus of the position is to be a first point of contact for employees seeking assistance, perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, and configure, install and optimize equipment.
- Assist with online ticketing system and triage of support requests,
- Serve as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Assisting with RMA’s, (Return Merchandise Authorizations), and reporting,
- Project involvement working on Inventory control including:
- Stock rotation and inventory counts,
- Record keeping including logging of inventory movements
• The youth will be given opportunities to communicate and interact through trouble shooting and issue resolution with Kerry’s Place employees. The youth will utilize email, telephone and in-person communication skills on a daily basis, helping them develop effective communication skills in the IT field, as well as learning appropriate terminology for the programs used.
• The youth will work collaboratively with the IT team to support and implement various projects and initiatives. Many of the projects are completed collectively using online resources and project management skills. They will participate in team meetings.
• The youth will have opportunity to develop telephone communication skills as well as writing skills through the development of manuals and documentation.
• The youth will develop skills in the support and trouble-shooting of desktop, laptop, printers and accessories. They will also develop hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows O/S, PC based applications and remote connectivity. The youth will utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Help Desk Software.
• The youth will take the lead on resolving various IT Technical issues from beginning to end. They will evaluate various new IT initiative and present their finding to the team.
• The student will gain insight into the IT industry via the mentoring and communication initiatives with the IT team.
- Computer Science background
- Computer Networking and Technical Support Computer Systems Technology background
- Project Management – Computer and Communication Technology background
- This job would provide the youth with practical hands-on experience.
- French language skills are considered an asset
To be eligible as per the Canada Summer Job 2020 requirements, the candidate must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.