POSITION: Director of Human Resources
SERVICE AREA: Administrative
LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
Kerry’s Place Autism Services (Kerry’s Place) has been committed to enhancing the quality of life of persons with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) since 1974. Kerry’s Place are leaders in developing and providing evidence-based supports; and by building capacity by sharing their knowledge. As Canada’s largest service provider for children, youth, and adults with ASD, Kerry’s Place serves more than 8,000 people with ASD and their families each year, across 9 offices and 80 residential homes across central, Toronto, and eastern Ontario. With the number of individuals with ASD diagnoses growing at an alarming rate each year, the need for more supports and services continues to rise. Through collaborative efforts and a dedicated staff of 1,200 people, Kerry’s Place provides assistance to enable communities to increase their capacity, which has resulted in the growth of services available to people with ASD and their families. For additional information about Kerry’s Place, visit their website at https://www.kerrysplace.org/.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources (Director), will provide leadership to the human resources function in the organization to ensure management and employees achieve Kerry’s Place’s mission of “enhancing the quality of life for people with ASD”. The Director will model Kerry’s Place’s values of “Respect, Choice, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Learning”, and continually reflect an optimistic and positive attitude. The Director will work collaboratively with operational management and employees in the regions to develop human resources policies and procedures, programs, and support services that effectively achieve the goals of Kerry’s Place. The Director will be a resource for human resources issues and will assist the Vice President, Human Resources in ensuring human resources planning and supports align to contribute to the achievement of the Kerry’s Place strategic objectives. The Director will lead all labour relations activities on behalf of the organization and will provide leadership and direction to the Human Resources Management team and will act on behalf of the Vice President, Human Resources, as required, on a range of human resources matters.
Key leadership initiatives for the new Director will include:
- Support the continued development of a leading-edge Human Resources department to support Kerry’s Place in achieving its strategy and mandate, while supporting people, processes, and technologies.
- Work in collaboration with the Vice President, Human Resources to implement a Human Resources strategic plan that enables a culture committed to innovation and service excellence and develops leadership capacity across the organization.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and counsel across the organization on people-related matters and HR systems, processes, and policies.
- Develop and implement strategies and HR business metrics that support Kerry’s Place’s goals regarding engagement, collaboration, and innovative thinking and effectively translate business objectives into actionable tactics.
- Champion key organizational initiatives that empower and engage employees, and positions Kerry’s Place to be an employer of choice.
- Provide leadership and support to a high-performing team while fostering collaborative engagement, leadership development, and mentorship.
In addition to a CHRE designation (or equivalent), the successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of progressive experience in the not-for-profit and/or a similarly complex environment/sector. This is a key strategic role that requires someone who has successfully led human resources in a complex, unionized environment. The successful candidate will have the transformational ability to guide culture change to continue the development of a successful and progressive people culture. You possess superb interpersonal, communication (oral and written), negotiation and change management skills. Recognized as an effective human resources change leader and successful in building relationships, you have demonstrated your commitment to implementing human resources best practices and building a high-performance culture.
*As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your resume or query, quoting the appropriate position title, to Judy Mandelman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.