POSITION POSTING #1591 (Repost)
- SERVICE AREA: Administration
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- ANNUAL SALARY: $75,460.74- $96,048.58 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, April 30, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources (HR), will provide leadership to the Human Resources function in the organization to ensure management and employees achieve the Kerry’s Place Mission of enhancing the quality of life for people with ASD. The Director of HR will work collaboratively with operational management and employees in the Regions to develop human resources policies and procedures, programs and support services that effectively achieve the goals of Kerry’s Place. The Director of HR will be a resource for human resources issues and will assist the Vice President HR in ensuring Human Resources planning and supports align to contribute to the achievement of the Kerry’s Place Strategic Objectives. The Director of HR will lead all labour relations activities on behalf of the organization. The Director of HR will provide leadership and direction to the HR Management team and will act on behalf of the Vice President HR in his/her absence on human resources matters.
- Leads the functions and organization-wide programs of the Human Resources Department to provide effective and responsive support to our employees and other sectors of the organization. These include, but not limited to the development and continuous improvement of:
- Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
- Employee and Labour Relations
- Total Compensation/Benefits Planning and Administration
- Pension Planning and Administration
- Employee Recognition
- Health and Safety
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- HR Administrative Processes.
- Leads and support all labour relations issue to provide effective and responsive support to our Management team and HR Management team. These include, but not limited to the following:
- Lead collective bargaining and negotiations with various bargaining unions
- Lead and support the interpretation and application of the collective agreements and/or labour implications of organizational decisions; including the grievance process.
- Builds and maintains professional and productive relationship with senior members of the bargaining unions.
- Provides effective leadership of the human resources management team, and more indirect leadership of all others with human resources organizational responsibilities.
- Mentors human resources team for purposes of employee development, improved quality of services, and succession planning.
- Effectively manages the Human Resources Department’s resources and budgets.
- Attends/Chairs HR department meetings as required.
- Provides support for Human Resources Managers and functions.
- Support operational management teams by providing human resources advice and counsel; analyzing information and applications.
- Provides direction to payroll employees as required, regarding ROEs, payroll issues, processes, and legislative requirements.
- Plans, directs and actively contributes to Human Resources business plan and program development.
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Conduct training needs analysis and design and implement a training plan with input from operational management teams.
- Develops management training sessions on human resources issues and programs, along with the regional HR Managers; facilitates sessions as required.
- Manage costs to budget.
- Collaborates with the Vice President Human Resources for:
- Budget development and budget monitoring
- Succession Planning of HR department
- Organizational Development
- Business Planning of Human Resources’ functions in support of, and in cooperation with operational and other support functions
- Development of best practices in human resource delivery and to develop required change management programs
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover/retention data, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Represents Kerry’s Place and the Human Resources Department through telephone contact, correspondence, meetings and working groups with human resources’ representatives and other relevant authorities from other organizations, agencies and government departments
- Acts as Chair or Co-chair of committees as assigned.
- Develops and maintains an HR Communication plan that ensures effective, consistent, and appropriate communication to Managers and employees.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all relevant partners/stakeholders including partner agencies, legal advisors, and regulatory bodies such as Employment Standards, Human Rights, government, Unions and community contacts.
- Provides follow-up to ensure that action plans are implemented.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks.
- Ensures accuracy, completion and timely follow-up of documentation required by legislation and policy and procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- The Director, from time to time, may be called upon to perform certain tasks not specifically detailed in the text of the position description but related to the primary goals and objectives of the position.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation required.
- Completion of a university degree or community college diploma (3 years) in Human Resources or other relevant degree field or completion of equivalent training or education, complemented by appropriate human resources experience.
- Minimum 7 years of human resources experience, including generalist and labour relations responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years of human resources management experience in the functions outlined in responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership and supervision of direct reports.
- Expertise with applicable legislation and regulations, including Employment Standards Act 2000, Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, PIPEDA.
- Familiarity with the applicable government body processes as related to Human Resources issues, i.e.: Ministry of Labour, Human Rights Tribunal, Human Resources Development Canada, Canada Revenue Agency.
- Experience with Collective Agreements, collective bargaining and bargaining unit processes.
- Act as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios.
- Demonstrates passion – approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the organization and the Human Resource function as a whole.
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with managers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships.
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues.
- Excellent strategic planning, budgeting, financial and time management skills.
- Strong Project Management, presentation, consulting, and mentoring Skills.
- Experience with Pay Equity.
- Understanding of standard payroll practices and human resources implications.
- Committed to upholding professional standards and maturity.
- Competency using intermediate / advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Internet Explorer.
- French Language is an asset.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.