POSITION POSTING # 2070
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Peel/ Dufferin / Wellington
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $68,194.91 to $85,233.03 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 10, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Regional Executive Director, the Director of Services and Supports will be responsible for overseeing services and supports; residential, outreach, consultation, respite, vocational and day supports. The position involves family, community and employee development and education through workshops and training and resource services. In addition, the Director will be involved in facilitating and developing community connections with the MCSS, other Developmental Services Agencies and community partners. The Director will participate on internal and external committees as required and connect with community resources. Will provide guidance and liaise directly with various professional and clinical resources both within and external to Kerry’s Place Autism Services as needed to ensure families and employees have access to required resources. The Director will act on behalf of the Regional Executive Director in their absence in these matters.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Kerry’s Place Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other policies available on the Kerry’s Place intranet (Resource Board).
- Adheres to Employee Responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), including immediate reporting of workplace injuries and/or hazards to a member of Kerry’s Place management, and use of any personal protective equipment provided.
- Participates in ongoing Training and Development and ensure all mandatory Training requirements are met and maintained.
- Ensures that the quality of life principles are effectively applied through all areas of responsibility.
- Providing direct supervision of Manager-level employees who in turn offer support and supervision to the team.
- Hiring and supervising employees/volunteers as required.
- Taking on any delegated elements of the Regional Executive Director position such as responsibility for handling RED-level grievances and/or RED-level Human Resources decisions/responsibilities.
- Directing/developing services and supports.
- Becoming directly involved with issues involving individuals with ASD and their families when required.
- Working with clinical resources as required ensuring that Ministry requirements are being met for those services having specific clinical standards and requirements.
- Participating in various local processes and on Ministry committees as required.
- Planning/budgeting for services and supports.
- Implementation of appropriate elements of the Kerry’s Place and Regional Business Plan.
- Ensuring employee training opportunities are relevant.
- Ensuring professional and thorough record keeping of all client records.
- Keeping and monitoring of service data and reporting to Ministry and community planning tables as required.
- Administration of financial resources.
- Proposal writing and planning & development for new initiatives/services/supports/fundraising.
- Working collaboratively in and across regions to meet organizational goals and build capacity.
- Providing a role model and apply consistent practices to reinforce the: Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Providing leadership and responsibility for health and safety of employees and for safety of all sites.
- Being the on-call contact person for Managers except when shared with Regional Executive Director.
- Ongoing mentoring of Kerry’s Place employees for purposes of staff development, improved quality of services, and succession planning.
- Providing support and accountability to the Senior Management team at Kerry’s Place.
- Sharing best practices of support for individuals with ASD.
- Accredited university degree in Social Services or Human Services complemented by management training and at least 5 years of experience as a social services manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A commitment to working with and on behalf of individuals with ASD is essential. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills are required as are strong administrative skills, including team planning, human resources management, financial planning, and financial management.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations is essential as is the ability to build effective and harmonious working relationships with individuals, employees, families, volunteers, agency partners, and the community.
- Practical working knowledge of the applicable community processes in the region and its community partners and initiatives is essential. Strong leadership skills and a commitment to a team approach are required
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.