POSITION POSTING #2656
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent, Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days; Flexibility Required)
- ANNUAL PAY RATE: Starting from $92,547.00 annually
- UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 5, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP, Community Services, the Director of Services and Supports will be responsible for overseeing services and supports; residential, outreach, consultation, respite, vocational and day supports. The position involves family, community and employee development and education through workshops and training and resource services. In addition, the Director will be involved in facilitating and developing community connections with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, other Developmental Services Agencies and community partners. The Director will participate on internal and external committees as required and connect with community resources. Will provide guidance and liaise directly with various professional and clinical resources both within and external to Kerry’s Place Autism Services as needed to ensure families and employees have access to required resources. The Director will act on behalf of the VP, Community Services in their absence in these matters.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Kerry’s Place Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other policies available on the Kerry’s Place intranet (Resource Board).
- Adheres to Employee Responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), including immediate reporting of workplace injuries and/or hazards to a member of Kerry’s Place management, and use of any personal protective equipment provided.
- Participates in ongoing Training and Development and ensure all mandatory Training requirements are met and maintained.
- Ensures that the quality of life principles are effectively applied through all areas of responsibility.
- Providing direct supervision of Manager-level employees who in turn offer support and supervision to the team.
- Hiring and supervising employees/volunteers as required.
- Taking on any delegated elements of the VP, Supported Living position such as responsibility for handling VP-level grievances and/or VP-level Human Resources decisions/responsibilities.
- Directing/developing services and supports.
- Becoming directly involved with issues involving individuals with ASD and their families when required.
- Working with clinical resources as required ensuring that Ministry requirements are being met for those services having specific clinical standards and requirements.
- Participating in various local processes and on Ministry committees as required.
- Planning/budgeting for services and supports.
- Implementation of appropriate elements of the Kerry’s Place and Regional Business Plan.
- Ensuring employee training opportunities are relevant.
- Ensuring professional and thorough record keeping of all client records.
- Keeping and monitoring of service data and reporting to Ministry and community planning tables as required.
- Administration of financial resources.
- Proposal writing and planning & development for new initiatives/services/supports/fundraising.
- Working collaboratively in and across regions to meet organizational goals and build capacity.
- Providing a role model and apply consistent practices to reinforce the: Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Providing leadership and responsibility for health and safety of employees and for safety of all sites.
- Being the on-call contact person for Managers except when shared with VP, Supported Living.
- Ongoing mentoring of Kerry’s Place employees for purposes of staff development, improved quality of services, and succession planning.
- Providing support and accountability to the Senior Management team at Kerry’s Place.
- Sharing best practices of support for individuals with ASD.
- This position supports adults over 18 years old and children/youth under 18 years old.
- Accredited university degree in Social Services or Human Services complemented by management training and at least 5 years of experience as a social services manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A commitment to working with and on behalf of individuals with ASD is essential. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills are required as are strong administrative skills, including team planning, human resources management, financial planning, and financial management.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations is essential as is the ability to build effective and harmonious working relationships with individuals, employees, families, volunteers, agency partners, and the community.
- Practical working knowledge of the applicable community processes in the region and its community partners and initiatives is essential. Strong leadership skills and a commitment to a team approach are required
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.