POSITION POSTING #1632
- SERVICE AREA: Administration
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $36.64 – $46.64 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, May 20, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Director Strategic Initiatives is responsible for providing leadership to key strategic and the housing initiatives. These initiatives have been chosen by the board and senior team to transform programs, services and set new directions for our residential and community operations. Additionally, the Director Strategic Initiatives will provide leadership and resource management for the Communication, Marketing Manager.
- Supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place;
- Collaborates with the executive team to create, develop, and implement organizational strategies, goals and operational plans;
- Provides leadership for key strategic initiatives assigned by the Board of Directors, the CEO and senior team such as Kerry’s Place Housing and Diversity & Inclusion Strategies
- As assigned through joint accountability with another executive or director, oversees all stages of project planning for key transformative strategic initiatives across the organization;
- Provides leadership for emerging sectoral opportunities or challenges and leverages cross-program strengths to optimize the organization’s ability to respond effectively;
- Collaborates to develop appropriate measurement and reporting metrics, evaluating results, identifying areas of risk, and developing and presenting strategies to mitigate risk;
- Contributes to the organization’s budget and financial management processes;
- Oversees the assigned budget to the position, monitoring and identifying budget variances, resolving issues, and ensuring timely preparation and delivery of all financial projections, reports and submissions;
- Ensures all relevant information and reporting is provided to stakeholders in a way that ensures understanding and ease of use;
- Responsible for the supervision and development of the communication/marketing manager.
Strategy and Performance
- Maintains effective and productive working relationships with the members of the executive team and contributes to the work of the team;
- Establishes and maintains effective external relationships or partnerships that enable and advance Kerry’s Place strategic goals based on strong government relations, broad stakeholders engagement and communication;
- Evaluates procedures and technology solutions to improve data management and collection;
- Develops, implements and leads organizational change.
Leadership and Supervision
- Provides inspirational leadership through a passion for excellence, a commitment to employee development and success through teamwork;
- A collaborator and team player with experience leading and building high functioning project groups;
- With the Manager of Communications, oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of an internal and external communications strategy for Kerry’s Place.
- Assists in identifying resource needs relative to strategic plans; negotiates funding to meet these needs with the operations team;
- Maintains each operation within budget (includes authorization of expenditures);
- Analyzes and reports on variances for each operational budget under their purview;
- Participates in both internal and external committees and task forces.
- Develops an effective communication and marketing strategy related to the new strategic plan for Kerry’s Place;
- Provides leadership for internal and external communications and marketing;
- Ensures communication and marketing practices meets organizational needs now and for the future.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A graduate degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Business is preferred.
- 5 years of progressive management experience that included responsibility for relevant areas such as strategic and operational planning, decision support, service system management, government relations, quality and change management.
- Education in Program Management is an asset.
- Senior leadership management, interpersonal, coaching, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Enhanced use of database and enterprise systems.
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of the Developmental Services sector of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.