ASD Certificate Course – Mississauga
September 12 @ 9:30am - 3:30pm
Kerry’s Place Autism Services facilitates a comprehensive 12 module course on Autism Spectrum Disorder to its staff members, and is now offering the same course to individuals and organizations in Peel.
Participants will explore a variety of themes relating to ASD, engage in discussions about various strategies and case studies, and complete six assignments to apply what they have learned to the individuals they support.
- social skills and relationships
- communication skills
- learning styles
- teaching strategies
- sensory differences
- understanding behaviour
- and more!
Features of the course include:
- engaging facilitators
- activity-based teaching approach
- an overview of the course and its vision and values
- focus on evidence-based practices
- Certificate-of-Completion to successful participants
This course is geared towards anyone interested in gaining knowledge to enhance the quality of support they provide to persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder professionally or personally.
Schedule: Classes run on Thursdays from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on the following days:
- Module 1 & 2: September 12, 2019
- Module 3 & 4: September 19, 2019
- Module 5 & 6: September 26, 2019
- Module 7 & 8: October 3, 2019
- Module 9 & 10: October 10, 2019
- Module 11 & 12: October 17, 2019
- KPC Kennedy – 6660 Kennedy Rd., Unit 6, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2M9