Children’s Friendship training is a social skills intervention in which participants will learn and practice foundational social skills, through a variety of engaging and fun activities. Structured parent education sessions are included to review strategies and lessons to ensure success in developing and maintaining friendships.
- Participant Age: 7-9. Participants will be grouped based on similar age.
- Ratio: 3 participants to 1 staff
- Cost: $741
- Location: Virtual. Will be delivered live via Zoom for Professionals and the following are required to participate:
- Mobile device, tablet or computer
- An internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam/camera
- Start Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- End Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- Time: Tuesday’s 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Pre-Screen: Prior to registration for any group, the child or youth will participate in a group pre-screen. A group pre-screen is an opportunity for the child or youth to see what a group looks like at Kerry’s Place Autism Services. Based on the staff members’ observations during the group pre-screen, and in consultation with the child or youth and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the child or youth. Participating in a group pre-screen does not guarantee that the child/youth will be enrolled in a particular group or service. Pre-screens are valid for 6 months and are only needed once prior to registering for a group.
- Last Available Pre-Screen: November 28, 2020
- Registration: Registration opens on Friday November 6 and will close on December 29, 2020
- Cancelled by Kerry’s Place: Kerry’s Place may cancel a program due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If this occurs, and the activity cannot be rescheduled, a full refund will be issued with no administrative fee charged.
- Cancelled by Supported Person/Family: Cancellation must be received at least 7 days before the start of the workshop/training. A full refund, minus a $25.00 administrative fee, will be applied when 7 days’ notice is provided. If 7 days’ notice is not provided, a full refund will only be issued if the vacancy can be filled. Refunds will not be issued for a missed day during a training session.