- This event has passed.
EmploymentWorks – Durham – Winter 2021: WEBINAR
January 20 @ 10:00am - 12:30pm
Jan 20, 2021 to Apr 8, 2021 | Each Wed 10am to 12:30pm | Each Thu 10am to 12:30pm
Employment Works offers training for adults with autism who want to practice and develop the essential skills necessary to get and keep a job. This program involves structured learning sessions, as well as virtual experiential learning, through various online platforms (e.g., LinkedIn Learning, job sampling videos, virtual opportunities in the community, and open discussions). To participate in the program, the participants need access to a laptop, iPad, or Tablet, and internet access. Accommodation is available for the participants who do not have access to an electronic device and the internet.
Please note that by registering you are expressing interest in this program. Further eligibility assessment and screening will take place to confirm enrollment.
The program has two phases each for 12 weeks.
- Phase I: Classes and virtual learning experience.
- Phase II: Individualized consultation support to support the participant further in reaching their employment goals.
Participant Age: 15+
- Number of participants: 8-10 participants, 2 peer mentors, and 2 staff.
- Cost: No associated fees. Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities.
- Location: Will be delivered live via Zoom for Professionals and the following are required to participate:
- Mobile Device, Tablet or Computer
- An internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam
Start Date: January 20, 2021
- Start Date: January 28, 2021
- End Phase I Date: April 15, 2021
- End Phase II Date: July 15, 2021
- Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Pre-Screen: Prior to registration for any group, the participants will participate in a pre-screen. Based on the pre-screening questionnaire results during the pre-screen, and the consultation with the participant and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the participant. Participating in a pre-screen does not guarantee that the participant will be enrolled in a particular group or service.
- Last Available Pre-Screen – Jan 07, 2021
- Registration: Registration opens on November 11, 2021 and will close on January 06, 2021.