- This event has passed.
F.I.T. – Virtual Social Group
October 14 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
The focus of this group is to foster the social skills characteristics of recreational activities. Each week participants will take part in activities aimed at promoting inclusion, cooperation and participation. Opportunities for participants to engage in virtual recreation activities will be incorporated into each session. This group is a partnership between Kerry’s Place Autism Services & Brampton Caledon Community Living.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Every Wednesday, from October 14 – December 16, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 9 – 14.
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Screening: Registration does not guarantee a space in this group. Following registration on My Community Hub, pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.